Back to the post. Because of the lack of updates, this post will contain three really important separate issues. I'll try to keep my part short, but please click on the links in the highlighted lines if you want to read more about any of them. Or if you want to drop by on Saturday for a visit, fresh, warm crepes, and more! Each of the links will open in a new page or window so that the blog will remain for you to return to.
- New book on Lyme disease
- EXPO with Lyme table
PETITION: Randy Hillier, MPP, Lanark, Frontenac, Lennox-Addington, is putting forward two motions on Lyme disease in the Ontario Legislature this coming Friday, November 15th, 2013. He would like to have 2500 signatures by Friday, and at this point there are about 200 still needed.
SIGN THE PETITION: Link
2. Book: Why Can't I Get Better? - by Dr. Richard Horowitz
ISBN: 978-1-250-01940-0, $29.99 US.
My review on GoodReads will be updated and added to as I read: LINK
LYME info table at SouthFields Village EXPO on Saturday
I'll be greeting visitors at one end, with a table full of information about Lyme disease at the
SouthFields Village EXPO, at SouthFields Village Public School (110 Learmont Ave., Caledon, ON) on Saturday, November 16th from 10 am to 4 pm.
Come early, and come hungry!
- Fresh crepes will be available for sale
- Purchase door prize raffle tickets.
- Glen Echo has generously donated a gift certificate for a live Fraser Fir Christmas Tree.
- Help decide who wins the Chef Challenge.
- Yvonne Ibarra will be doing a live Zumba demo first thing in the morning
- Birthday party on stage
- A magician at noon and
- Games and crafts all day long
- There’s even a mini-arcade with cake and please do bring a present. We’ll gladly make sure that your new, unwrapped gift will make its way over to kids who would otherwise go without birthday or Christmas presents this year.
- Anybody can drop in and try their hands at the pottery wheel. After the show Wendy will take the pieces home to fire and glaze them for you so that you’ll finally have that special work of art on your mantelpiece.
- Farmers’ market and a local small business showcase.
- A really cool speakers’ series with half a dozen speakers covering a wide range of subjects from how to take the perfect holiday photo, planning your next home reno project to hunting for the paranormal. That list is already available online at caledonspectrum.com.
- Mark Grice will start with a blank canvas and finish with a beautiful painting within 3 hours. You can watch him paint and even get to bid in the silent auction for the finished piece.
- Several established, professional artists will be joining us in a gallery space and lounge area where you will be able to explore the art and relax with a cup of hot apple cider, care of Spirit Tree Estate Cidery. Light refreshments will be available or you can bring in something from the food vendors in the main hall. Meet and chat with the likes of Merle Harstone, Cory Trepanier and more as they exhibit their work.
- Both Sparky the Firedog and Caledon Community Designated Driver Association’s Home James will be on hand.
- Live mannequins will be modeling one-of-a-kind Hattitude Jewellery and other pieces from Chic a BOOM.
- Dignitaries have been invited to partake as judges in the chef challenge (to take place around 11am) but the general public is also going to have a chance to pick their favourites throughout the day.
- Show proceeds will go toward supporting music and arts programmes at SouthFields Village Public School & Mayfield Secondary. Other proceed recipients will include Family Transition Place, Caledon Meals On Wheels, CCS, Cystic Fibrosis and more, as there will be a number of non-profits represented at the show and various elements to support them. But don’t think we’ll be there just to get your money.
SouthFields Village EXPO: Nov 16 - 10 am to 4 pm: LINK