Many things are happening for this post! I do hope I don't confuse anyone. Please share this post with others in the area, who might not know about happenings that they might want to attend. If you notice something wrong or forgotten, please let me know so I can update or add.
SUPPORT GROUP MEETING
Those Lymies around the area who don't know yet, please remember the Support Group meeting in Nobleton on Thursday, April 18. It is a lovely little town, worth a visit, and the address is just north of King Road, west of #27. Here's a map: http://goo.gl/maps/Tef6Q
The new Lyme Mobile will be on display that evening!
I'll bring some registration forms and waivers for the Brampton Awareness Day on May 18 as well if you would like to complete them. If you've downloaded yours from the website, please print and bring along; I'll collect them and give you your pledge forms then. If you can let me know so I'm sure to bring enough, that would be great.
AWARENESS PINS AND RIBBONS
Those who have been waiting to know about the Lyme Disease awareness items for the LymeWalk in Brampton -- they are here! Below is a combination picture of some of them. Three different awareness pins and a key ring will be available for purchase as part of the LymeWalkBrampton fundraising effort and for raising awareness everywhere. Last year I only had a few items and people were happy to get their hands on them. The silicone bracelets and satin ribbon with small gold ribbon pin will be used for the people taking part in the BramptonWalk on May 18.
If anyone in Canada would like to get a few of these items, please contact me (link above) to say which item(s) you would like to purchase, and how many. These are small items and should not be difficult to send by mail, for a dollar or two depending on how many items you want. Of course, these will also be available on May 18 if you want to pick up some then.
CALEDON HOME SHOW
This coming weekend is the Caledon Home Show and I'll have a table with flyers there as well. Some friends will probably stop by to help run the table, or sometimes just the flyers might be there as we take a break.
RBG SHOW, BURLINGTON
May 3-5 is the Royal Botanical Garden show in Burlington. CanLyme booked a table there and I'll be there, along with Jewel, to hand out flyers and talk to people about Lyme disease. Please let others know if you can! More info to follow next week, but our table will be in the foyer area on the way to the auditorium.
**Upcoming shows or tables**
- Support group meeting, Nobleton Library, April 18, 7- 9 pm
- Caledon Home Show, April 19, 20, 21 at the Albion Bolton Community Centre, on the hill http://caledonchamber.com/articles.php?id=9309
- RBG Home & Garden Show, May 3-5, 2013, RGG Centre, Burlington www.rbghomeandgardenshow.com
- Dr. Ernie Murakami about Lyme Disease, Whitby, May 10, http://www.lymesavers.ca/events/a-night-with-doctor-murakami
- LymeSavers Walk / Run, Whitby, May 11, http://lymesavers.ca/
- Green lights on CN Tower for Lyme Awareness, May 11, meet after dark in the park opposite the Tower, see LINK and graphic
- GREEN LIGHTS ON NIAGARA FALLS: May 17 - bus from Brampton to Niagara Falls at 6 pm, returns before midnight, see info and LINK
- BRAMPTON LYME DISEASE AWARENESS DAY: May 18, http://LymeWalkBrampton.ca